Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day One

I just returned from a trip to visit the grandson's. Twin boys 16 months old. I had a blast and my daughter talked me into doing a blog. I don't know if I will be any good at this, but I will try.

The boys are super fun to play with now. As opposed to a few months ago when they didn't seem to care if we were there or not.

I made them each an afghan in crochet using their names spelled out in nautical flags as the center section. Then added a strip of Red with the word,PORT to the left of center and a Green strip with the word STARBOARD to the right. At the top is a stripe of Yellow with BOW and at the foot is a stripe of Purple with STERN crocheted into them. There is also a strip of Blue with White Fish running the full length of the afghan. I chose this design because their room is decorated in Pirate motif and I wanted something very colorful and educational for them. I hope they will enjoy these for a long time to come. And as soon as I can figure all this out, I will post a picture of one of them for you to see.

Well, that's about it for now. I have a little time left before I have to return to the real world of work, both as a bank teller supervisor and a housewife. Mondays are NOT my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment