Monday, April 26, 2010

Day Two

Today was a typical Monday at the Bank. Not too difficult, but fairly busy. At lunch I wanted to work on the latest afghan that I am making but discovered that I had dropped two stitches somewhere along the line. So I spent the last part of my lunch hour pulling out the rows that were too short.

After work I stopped by Wal-mart and cruised through the clearance section of the crafts department. I picked up some neat ribbon and Velcro letters, numbers and shapes for the twins "quiet books" that my daughter is making. Of course she doesn't know about them and I don't know when I can get them to her as we are about 5 hours away. But maybe she will read this blog and the secret will be out.

I also elected to check out a diet that a couple of my friends have been on for a month or two. The Thrive, Weight Loss Plan is working for them and I think I might give it a try. Especially since they are running a special until April 30 which cuts the price in half. I contacted them earlier today and gave them my email address so that when I got home I had a couple of messages from them on how to join. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the attachments to open. Maybe I can get my computer expert husband to check into this tonight.

I am looking to shape up this summer and lose about 50 pounds. Next month is my birthday and I will be 59 years old. I never had a problem with weight until about 8 years ago. Strangely enough that is about the time I got remarried. hummmmm wonder if that has anything to do with it?? Anyway, I want to lose the weight and I can't seem to do it on my own. Hence the attempt to join the Thrive Program. I will let you know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment