Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 78

It has been a week plus since I was able to get to this. Sorry folks. I can not begin to explain all the reasons why. Needless to say I have been busy. It's vacation time at work. Dot has been gone sine the 17th, Robin leave on the 27th and I get to go on the 31st. YEA!!! Hubby and I are taking a plane to New York City and catching a cruise ship to Canada for 5 days. Boy do I need it. I wanted to go to Atlanta this weekend to visit my daughter and her family, but there was just too much to do to get ready for the trip. I miss my grandsons and after seeing their cute pictures on www.stressthesteams.blogspot.com I miss them even more. They are the most wonderful little guys on the planet. I will be itching to get to Atlanta as soon as we get back from Canada.

I finished a baby shower gift this week. It is in subdued colors of green, yellow, tan, and touches of orange and purple. The theme they are using is Classic Pooh so I hope it is going to go well in the nursery. Then I started using the left over yarns to make a granny square baby afghan. The centers of each square is a flower with raised petals. I think it is something that has not been done before, at least I have never seen anything like it. If I can get it finished in time maybe it will go to one of the craft shows that my daughter is doing next month.

Still haven't finished the two afghans that I have commissioned for October and Christmas. I really need to get past the crocheters block on the Christmas one. Haven't thought of exactly how I want to finish it. The other is a simple triple stitch that anchors around the stem of the stitch in the row before so that it forms vertical rows on the backside and horizontal rows on the front side. I just have to get back to it. It is all one color and one stitch so it is kind of boring for me. I like to mix it up. I generally take some needlework with me on the cruise, but I don't know what I will take this time around. Maybe the boring one.

Well, I have packing to finish so I will say good night and hopefully I will be back here at least once more before we leave.
Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment