Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 100

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I did!!! I drove to Atlanta on Friday night to spend the weekend with the "Grandboys". It's a long drive after working all day, but it wasn't too bad. The weather didn't cooperate all that well; as I ran in and out of rain all the way up. But I arrived between showers so getting into the house was dry. I tried to be quiet getting in as the family was already in bed and made my way to the guest room.

The next morning I was up in time to say goodbye to my daughter and son-in-law as they were headed to a Craft Show. This was the reason for the visit, (well not really, but it was a good excuse to come up). So I got to spend about 8 hours, just me and the twins. Nothing is better than grandboy hugs. Nate can wrap himself totally around you and hug for all he is worth. Micah is good at hugs also but he is a lot more independent. Nate's big thing right now is the alphabet. He loves his letters. Micah is more interested in his blocks and what he can do with them.

Neither boy is overly fond of clothes. They much prefer to run around nude, but of course that can be dangerous with small children, especially the male ones. And meals are exciting. There is never any way of knowing what they are "liking" today. It is a trial and error system, and for the most part is works. Saturday bananas were out and goldfish and snap peas were in. Micah was all about cheese, but Nate was having nothing to do with it. I tried pizza for lunch, but that was a definite NO from both. But boy did they love those snap peas.

The calculators that I had found at the Dollar Store were a hit. The stick ponies, not so much. Daddy used them to mess with the boys and they laughed, but I don't think they have a clue what they are intended for, which is ok. After all they are only 20 months old and probably have never really seen a real horse. I also took them an inflatable parrot and seahorse. Nate liked these but Micah was not so much interested at the time. It is really amazing how different they are from each other.

The craft show went well as I am certain you will learn from the Stress the Seams blog if you choose to visit there. And the kids had to turn down a show for next weekend, due to lack of stock and time. Sounds like the craft business agrees with them.

I took a baby afghan that I had made from a design that came to me one evening while I was watching tv. It has raised flowers in salmon, blue and pale yellow on a green and tan field. Kind of a 3-D granny square pattern. Apparently it garnered a lot of comments but did not sell. We also sent some really cool photographs that Hubby had taken in Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia while we were on vacation there. They were just 4 x 6 but are really superb. If you are interested in seeing these or other photographs we have taken, check out whosphotography.com. Hubby is working hard to get the new pictures up on the site, but it could be a few days before they are viewable.

Well, I guess that is about it for tonight. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and sweet dreams tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment