Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 115


Well, the month of August is gone. September dawns bright and early tomorrow. And the next day is Hubby's 50th birthday. Most of our friends gave him birthday wishes last Saturday evening since many of them are in England, Ireland, and Scotland for the next 2 or 3 weeks. It was fun and I surprised him by inviting a couple that he hasn't seen in a while.

Tomorrow is Cleaning day at the Dentist for me and I also have an appointment to get my eyes checked. I took the whole day off from work, so hopefully I can get some house cleaning done also. Hubby and I did the yard work this past weekend and boy am I still tired. We have a very big yard. I still have a flower bed or two that need weeding, but I just haven't had the time.

I have been spending a lot of my spare time looking on the internet for a house in the Valdosta area. We would like to get a "cheap foreclosure" and move closer to where we both work. But the one we found that we both are willing to take a really good look at, seems to already be "under contract". However, the sign in the front yard does not say that, so I am hoping that it is still available. It would require a LOT of work, but it is something we could possibly do. Please say a little prayer that we can find a bargain.

I finished the baby quilt that I was working on and took it's picture. I have tried to put it on this site but am having a bit of trouble. I will try again. Well, as you can see, I succeeded in getting the picture on the page, just NOT where I wanted it. I seem to have a bit more studying to do about this blogging thing. Anyway, maybe you can get an idea of what the quilt looks like and let me know what you think.

Looks like we might be heading to the mountains this weekend. Hubby has Saturday, Sunday and Monday (Labor Day) off. I have to work until noon on Saturday, but we just might head for Douglass Lake after that. We haven't been up to my sister's house in a while.

It's late and I am tired, so it is off to dream land for me. Hope you have a good night also.

No comments:

Post a Comment