Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 127

Well this has been an interesting month. I think I mentioned last time that we are house hunting. Well we looked at a house that would have been good for me. It was one mile from work by the road and more like a half mile or less if I walked. It was brick, with a half acre yard partly fenced. NO TREES at all. Very few flowers, BUT Apparently the roof leaked at one time (or still does) as there are stains on all the ceilings and mold and mildew everywhere. With my allergies and Hubby's extreme dislike of mold, NO WAY. Too much expense and work for what they are asking. Guess we will keep looking.

Meanwhile, we have an air conditioner that has gone out and the water heater died. So this weekend has been spent ripping out the old water heater (trailer type 20 gallon) and replacing it with a new 40 gallon. But that requires all new plumbing and electrical, so hubby has been VERY busy.

I, on the other hand, have managed to make 6 soap bags. My daughter has a friend who makes and sells specialty soaps. She asked if I could make some cotton yarn bags for the soap to fit into that could be used as wash mitts. So I have made 6 to see if they will work. I will take them to Atlanta next weekend when we go up for the show. I am also about half finished with a flower baby quilt/afghan. It is in coral, yellow and variegated pink, green, yellow, white; you know, baby colors. I hope to have it done by the weekend.

Since I am using materials on hand, it has become a bit of a challenge. But when we visited my sister this past weekend in Tennessee, they had a huge stash of yarns left over from brother-in-laws mom. It was almost like Christmas in September. While we were up there we took the inlaws to dinner and drove through the park to Cades Cove. That was fun but we didn't see any wildlife on the trip. Never been to the Cove when we didn't see ANYTHING before.

On the way home we stopped at Clingman's Dome parking lot. They have totally reworked it. The restrooms are now a shop and they built new restrooms right in the parking lot. So you don't have to walk part way up the trail to get to them anymore. It was a really nice clear day and Hubby got lots of good pictures. But we had to hurry home to get ready for Monday.

That's about it for now, except that we have to get our house back in order and get ready for the Grandson's next weekend. Really looking forward to seeing everyone. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment