Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 45

Today was one of THOSE days. I was scheduled to be at work at noon, but there was something that the boss and I didn't manage to get finished yesterday so I went in to the Bank at 8:30. I thought we might be able to audit the Traveler's Checks and the Short and Over records for the Tellers for last month before it got busy. I was wrong. My manager had some major problems to handle before we could sit down and do the maintenance work. So I just hung out in the break room and watched CSI until time to clock in.

Shortly before time to actually go to work, I developed one of those headaches that feels like someone is sticking pins into your temples. I took some medication, but all it did was dull the pain and make me very sleepy. I was actually having trouble counting and that is NOT good when you are working with money. However, I managed to balance both in my drawer and in the vault at the end of the day, so I guess all's well that ends well.

It is HOT in South Georgia right now. Everyone coming into the bank today was complaining about the heat. And that 30% chance of rain forecast for today, didn't happen.

I did manage to get the white napkin rings finished and almost finished the red ones. Just one more to go on those. That will make four sets of six for the craft show on the 26th.

Then I get home to discover that one of our air conditioners (the one in the Kitchen) has stopped blowing Cold Air. That makes it nearly impossible to cook in the kitchen. So we went to Hungry Howies for dinner. Hubby had is baked Italian Sub and I had a chicken salad. It was pretty good but way too much onion for me. I picked out most of it. But at least I didn't have to cook.

Hubby has the day off tomorrow but I have to work until noon. Shouldn't be too difficult and I can stop by Walmart on my way home to pick up meds and a few other things we will be needing this week. I know it doesn't sound like much fun for a Saturday, but we will probably go to dinner with our friends tomorrow evening, we do most Saturdays if we are in town. Then maybe I can just kick back for the remainder of the weekend.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment