Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 48

In case you aren't aware, I live in North Florida near the Georgia state line. We get lots of thunderstorms in the spring and summer. We don't have fast internet available to us here at home so we purchased satellite internet a couple years ago. Satellite internet does not work in storms. There for I missed a Thrive! class tonight and an online meeting for STARFLEET. I'm actually surprised that it is working well enough for me to send this out.

Anyway, it was a busy weekend. We had to replace an air conditioner that simply quit now that the temperatures are reaching 100 degrees on a daily basis. That was lots of fun. But it is finished and working very well. We also started cleaning out the laundry room. Yep, it has been used as a storage area for many years and we finally got started. Of course the thunderstorm put an end to the progress this past weekend, but I still have hopes.

On the craft side of things, I made 3 slices of watermelon for the craft show. I sure hope I get to go. As things are right now, I should be able to make it. I am looking forward to seeing my family. I bought the twins t-shirts for the 4th of July today. They are adorable, I am certain that Mom and Dad are going to think so too.

I started on an afghan for a co-workers daughter. It is a pattern that I think I made up, but I guess I might have seen it somewhere before. Just can't remember seeing it. But it is going to be very time consuming. But when finished it should be soft and cuddly.

My manager is on vacation this week so I am covering for her. It was definitely interesting today and will be for the rest of the week, I am sure. With the new Federal Regulations concerning ATM and debit cards, we have to cover a lot more information in the few seconds we have with each customer. Please pay attention to the letter you are going to receive from your bank if you have an ATM or debit card. Make your choice and RETURN the letter signed to your bank, so that they can update your account information. Please do not just toss the letter.
I realize that a lot of junk mail is sent out by credit card companies and banks. But this one is important and you should pay attention to it.

Well, that's about it for now. Got to run and get things ready for tomorrow. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment